Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Television

Well, right now, I am hooked on 3 of the greatest shows ever, True Blood, Rescue Me, and Breaking Bad. I am sad that it's the last season of Rescue Me. Will miss Denis Leary and all the other crazy messed-up people on that show. Breaking bad is starting off the season great as usual. There are just so many dimensions to that show. I've heard that it may be the last season for them too, but we'll keep our fingers crossed.
And so, that brings me to True Blood. Mind you I am still watching season 3 because I can't exactly afford HBO :(. But I am really torn on this. I am kinda frustrated that they are deviating so much from the books. I can kinda see why and I don't mind if they change the storyline to a certain extent, especially with the minor characters, but things that are like basic concepts should not be changed such as what happens to vampires in sunlight, what happens when vamps die, whether weres are stronger and/or faster than vamps, and the personality of the characters. For example, how they are making Calvin Norris a bad guy when in the book, he was just an odd guy who meant well and it was really his family who did bad things. Also, it seems sometimes like they change things just for effect on the screen and for drama. That is not all bad, I am starting to accept it and just go with it, but the books are just so good, that it's hard not to want the show to be more like it. That is all for my ranting and TB is still an excellent show. Can't wait to see season 4, I hear it's good!

No comments:

Post a Comment