Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Dinner Parties

Don't know what it is about cooking for other people that I like, but I definitely know it's not the cleaning up afterwards, LOL. Just being around good friends and having conversation is enjoyable. We had some friends over the other night and Liam had a blast with the two 1-year-olds that were here. We also got a valuable lesson in baby-proofing the house. Anyways, I made chicken enchiladas, a recipe I got from the Walnut Creek Cheese website. We also had steamed broccoli which I made in my new steamer for the microwave. It actually turned out very good and tender after only 3 mins in the microwave whereas my broccoli is usually tough for some reason, so I guess the $5 steamer was a good investment. And we had Uncle Ben's Spanish Rice in the package. I admit, it was the precooked kind after I totally messed up the kind you make on the stove a few weeks ago. It was a good evening and hope to see my friends back over soon. I want to get a chance to try out my individual casserole dishes I got on sale in Amish Country :)

No comments:

Post a Comment